Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Background: Start Here

Hi, my name is Bryan Morse. I have been thinking about leading a tour of Rome and select places in Italy. This would be for a small group and would involve a lot of walking. Please let me know if there is any interest out there. You can post, or call me at (760)505-7900.

The story begins with our first morning in Rome. I had finally returned with my soon to be fiancé Donna after an absence of more than three decades. Donna is a Feldenkrais practitioner and had come to do an advance training with her friend Beatrice Porru. Beatrice lived in an apartment in a section of Rome that I had never been to with her boy friend Renzo Bellanca who is a talented Sicilian artist.
When I grew up I had spoken Italian like a native but after so many years of living in San Diego, CA and speaking Spanish with my employees daily, I could sometimes think in Italian but all that would ever come out was Spanish. A friend loaned me a 'How to Speak Italian' tape and I listened to it during my commutes on and off for the month preceding our departure.
Thes Blogs straddle two trips to Rome, a year apart. This was mostly written each night so it is mostly in the present tense, bear with me, it may switch back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment